Like lots of women, I love shoes and have a sizeable collection. As a single mom I hardly ever have the cash to go out and purchase a pleasant new pair of shoes, particularly since quite a lot of the time I’ll solely put on them as soon as and put them away at the back of a cupboard. I made a decision to mix my love of crafting with my shoe obsession and came up with a approach to revamp your outdated shoes for beneath £20! Painting your shoes is a great pastime and it gives you lovely, distinctive shoes that would be the envy of all your friends.
What you will need:
· An outdated pair of canvas or leather shoes (or a pair from a thrift shop or some super low cost ones, it does not matter if they appear boring, as long as you want the shape of them. Pretend leather additionally works well.)
· Nail polish remover and cotton wool balls
· An inexpensive set of acrylic paints, might be found in craft stores for £10
· A bottle of clear acrylic varnish, additionally found in craft stores
· Paint brushes, if like me you’re on a funds you can use make up brushes. Liquid eyeliner brushes are great for portray details.
· A high quality tipped permanent marker to outline details (optional)
1. Ensure you are in a properly ventilated area earlier than you start. Lay down some old newspaper on your work floor before you begin and ensure you wear old garments as acrylic paint does not wash out.
2. Soak a cotton wool ball in nail varnish remover and start to rub it all over the materials of your shoe. This will clean off all dust and likewise strip away the waxy protective layer. It’s possible you’ll need to repeat this step a number of times, it is rather vital that you get all of the prime layers off so that the paint will stay. Just remember to get in to all the creases, the shoe ought to look dull once the wax has been taken off.
3. Now it is time to determine what you want the bottom colour of your shoe to be, you might leave it the original colour, paint it a complete new colour or maybe even get adventurous with stripes or another pattern. Whatever you resolve to do, you want to bear in mind to use more than one coat of paint, it will be sure that there are no gaps or lighter areas where the paint has been spread thin. Make sure that the paint is totally dried earlier than beginning the next step.
4. In case you are good at drawing you’ll be able to paint all types of designs and footage on to your shoes, this is the place a clear liquid eyeliner brush can come in handy. It can be helpful to rigorously hint your design on to each shoe with a pencil first. It is very important look for the place essentially the most creases are in your shoes and keep away from portray designs there, these are places the place your shoe bends whilst you stroll and designs painted there can simply be ruined. Remember to let every layer of paint dry earlier than starting a new one, you don’t want to smudge your attractive new creations! You can use the tremendous tipped marker to stipulate any drawings, it’s much simpler than trying to paint a thin black line.
5. As soon as your artwork is completed and has had time to totally dry, it’s good to coat the shoe in clear varnish to stop any harm being finished to the paint. Your new shoes will need two separate coats of varnish, normally leaving 24 hours in between every coat to give the layers an opportunity to dry. As soon as the second coat is dry, your new shoes might be prepared to indicate off to the world!
The very best part about this complete mission is that after you have bought the paints and different gadgets needed, you should utilize them again and again, producing as much as ten newly spruced up shoes. Why not try experimenting? You should utilize glitter in your shoes earlier than making use of the varnish, you may use metallic paints, stick on jewels or even use a sizzling glue gun to use small objects equivalent to faux flowers or other decorative pieces. Whatever you choose to do, portray your shoes in a fun, addictive pastime with the very best reward – new shoes!